- The best book deals of the day, curated by Book Riot.
- Instead of requesting the school board review the title, this Leander parent went directly to the police, who are now investigating.
- A website attempted to categorize YA according to things like if kissing included "Light Travel of Hands." Here's how YA Twitter responded.
- Sink your teeth into these ten tasty horror novels about cannibalism, including The Silence of the Lambs. They’ll give you something to chew on!
- Catch up on the best under-the-radar romantic comedy books of 2021, including How to Marry Keanu Reeves in 90 Days by K.M. Jackson, each with covers as breathtaking […]
the Paris Review
- Drawing on centuries of literary hauntings, Rowan Hisayo Buchanan devises a quiz to help you determine what kind of ghost you would be.
- Terry Tempest Williams writes about her decades-long friendship with N. Scott Momaday, the power of his work, and what can be done to atone for ecological destruction.
- This week, we’ve lowered the paywall on work by Ishmael Reed, Hans Magnus Enzensberger, Evie Shockley, and Dante Alighieri.
- Chelsea T. Hicks considers N. Scott Momaday’s revolutionary novels, which blend the conventions of American literary realism with the oral tradition of Kiowa storytelling.
- This week, the ‘Review’ gallops toward Camelot, cooks a pork chop, and reads Patricia Highsmith.
- Welcome to the Chissick Chat Blog! Following the Easter break, I’m chatting with Amelia […]
- Every once in a while you get to read something special and this is […]
- Welcome to the Chissick Chat Blog. We are starting April by saying hello to Janet […]
- Can you keep a secret? Most authors can, often the plots of novels depend […]
- By Syl Sabastian “Drought always ends in rain.” Sometimes, the profoundly obvious, is also […]
- Welcome to the Chissick Chat Blog! Today I’m saying hello to Kimberly Livingston, an author […]